In his book, Thinkertoys: A Handbook of Creative-Thinking Techniques, Michael Michalko provides a few suggestions for this technique…
- Select three to five business movers and shakers, living or dead, whom you admire most (real or fictional, living or dead).
- Get photographs of your Board and pin them up to constantly remind you of the talent at your disposal.
- Research your heroes. Read everything about your heroes that you can get your hands on.
- Take notes on your favorite passages. Pay particular attention to the creative techniques they employed to solve problems.
- When you have a challenge, consult the members of your board and imagine how they would solve it. (thanks Paul)